Do you have good communication, management, and office skills? Do you have some knowledge of boats, vehicles, and related terminology? Land and Maritime operations needs you!
Be part of the team that maintains and track records, as well as communication duties that will support our partners overseas to help make Bible translation and language development possible.
- For a part-time (20 hours a week) volunteer or career staff who raises their support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
Provide administrative support for Land and Maritime shop activities.
- Research and purchase parts and materials and maintain inventory
- Manage the maintenance calendar in order to insure proper flow of parts, materials, and man power to accomplish the required work
- Develop and maintain an organized system for tool and equipment calibration that tracks when reoccurring maintenance and calibrations are due
- Handle communications (phone, email, and letters) and relay critical information to staff
- Maintain digital and/or hard copy files of completed work orders
- Maintain library of technical information
- Delegate shop work space cleaning duties
- Schedule required OSHA training
- Monitor and maintain records for industrial standards compliance
Experience and Education
- Good computer skills including Excel and Access
- Willingness to learn new software
- Organizational and office management skills
- Strong communication skills to represent the department in a professional manner
- Good interpersonal skills
- Previous office management experience is highly valued but not required
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God's Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation