Awana is a global, nonprofit ministry committed to the belief that the greatest impact for Christ starts with kids who know, love and serve Him. The transformative power of the gospel is shared every week through Awana ministries that reach more than three and a half million kids in more than 115 countries. Providing resources and expertise, Awana empowers more than 45,000 churches and mobilizes more than 450,000 leaders to reach kids through evangelism and long-term discipleship.
OVERALL PURPOSE/FUNCTION: The Project Delivery Coordinator is responsible to serve internal and external customer needs by owning and delivering end-to-end quality software projects, within the constraints of time and budget. This includes the use of best practices to track and drive project progress, formally and informally communicate with project teams and stakeholders, work collaboratively, and (in conjunction with the Director of Applications and Delivery) utilize influence and matrixed authority to ultimately deliver excellent improvements to the Awana software architecture. The Project Delivery Coordinator must be customer service focused and evangelize as well as model an internal and external customer service focus within the Technology department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Exercises independent judgment and discretion in web development deliverables by prioritizing, planning, and tracking progress.
2. Champions departmental processes and governance through the use and improvement of the same in day-to-day application
3. Coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment and information
4. Guide the dev team in breaking projects into doable actions and set timeframes
5. Liaise with clients to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives
6. Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management
7. Make sure that clients’ needs are met as projects evolve
8. Analyze risks and opportunities
9. Monitor project progress, track and handle any issues that arise, and remove impediments for the team
10. Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants
11. Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports
12. Ensure standards and requirements are met through conducting quality assurance tests
13. Acts as the subject matter expert on the intersection of culture and technology for Awana, and as a champion of technology solutions.
14. Actively responds to communications from customers and constituents.
15. Participates in team and departmental meetings, periodic reviews of other team members’ work, team brainstorming and professional development sessions and annual individual goal setting process.
16. As needed, collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree preferred (preferably in computer science, business administration or related field).
Proven work experience in a similar role or in ownership of tasks
Basic knowledge of SDLC, including Agile and Waterfall processes (background in development a plus)
An ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plans
Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
Strong client-facing and teamwork skills
Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control
Working knowledge of Microsoft Project
Hands-on experience with project management tools (e.g. JIRA, Basecamp, Trello)
Previous experience in project management, from conception to delivery, a plus
PMP / PRINCE2 certification is a plus
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Ability to read and speak English is required. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret various business and technical documents. Effective communication skills and strong time management skills.
Excellent problem solving skills and logical thinking. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to make decisions within the scope of authority, and to make quick decisions in emergency situations.
Other Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Good communication and interpersonal skills. Team orientation and ability to multi-task, shift gears quickly, work independently and collaboratively. Ability to meet deadlines while paying attention to details.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and to kneel, crawl, stoop, or lie down to work with cabling in tight spaces. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Must be willing to travel on occasion if needed.
Internal: Reports to the Director of Applications & Delivery. Frequent interaction with other members of the Technology department (especially the developers, BA, and QA). Regular interaction with Product Owners, Stakeholders, and other internal customers.
External: As needed; potential interaction with vendors.
This job description reflects the current assignment of essential functions, and is not meant to be all-inclusive. Duties and responsibilities may be assigned or reassigned to this job at any time, and may be modified to reasonably accommodate an individual with a disability, or for other reasons.