Are you a person who can develop standards, plans and training from scratch? Do you have a love for accomplishing projects, putting things in order, and checking things off your lists?
We seek a person to assist the Director of Safety and Security in developing and maintaining the JAARS workplace safety program. The Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator (EHS) will have the challenge of defining and coordinating EHS standards for a diverse group of personnel working in aviation, construction, shipping and receiving, auto repair, land transportation, and general office staff.
Come join the team at JAARS where we make Bible translation possible and be part of the impact on people’s lives for eternity.
The Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator will assist and advise the Director of Safety and Security in the creation and maintenance of general safety standards, policy, and procedures for JAARS.
- This is a full-time, volunteer or supported staff that raises their support position
- Must be a US citizen or have green card status to apply
- Devel op new organizational safety standards and training in coordination with affected departments and safety personnel
- Maintain and update all documentation of safety plans
- Keep JAARS current on environmental health and safety regulations
- Define safety and accident investigation standards
- Communicate standards content to Department Safety Coordinators
- Administer and maintain all training records
- Deliver required training to new staff, staff with new responsibilities, new hazards, and updates as mandated by regulatory authorities
- Conduct audits and accident investigations and provides audit oversight to safety coordinators
- Determine checklist safety standards and provides up-to-date checklists to safety coordinators
- Complete, file and send required recurrent reports to OSHA, NCDOL, and the EPA
- Investigate workplace injuries and ensure all injury reports are completed
What you are made of
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
- Innate ability to take large and complex problems and break them down into coherent and achievable tasks
- Appreciates consistency and defined parameters and enjoys creating them where none exist
- Motivated by achievement and loves checklists
- Ability to understand the nuances of a culture and adjust personal and work expectation accordingly
JAARS (www.jaars.org) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation