Duties: Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Typing a variety of correspondence, including letters, notecards, emails, blog posts, and articles. A typing speed of 75 words per minute with a high level of accuracy is essential.
2. Research and compile information as required and contribute to creative projects.
3. Compose drafts of blog content, initial drafts of articles, research and draft topic-specific response to inquiries, with direction and guidance, to be reviewed by the supervisor.
4. Utilize outline features in Word 2016 to assist in writing messages. Knowledge of Office 365 is a plus.
5. Excellent skills at proofreading, letter formatting, correct spelling, proper use of grammar and sentence structure.
6. Other special projects as needed and assigned to support the needs of the department and the overall ministry of Joni and Friends.
As a ministry, Joni and Friends strives to exemplify Jesus Christ and bring Glory to God in all we say and do. To that end, employment at Joni and Friends is to be taken seriously as one who is not simply considering employment, but committing to the core mission of the organization to fulfill the biblical mandate of inclusion of those with disabilities into the full-life of the church. All employees of Joni and Friends participate in its ministry wide prayer life, leadership training and other general staff training that may take place from time to time.
Below outlines the vision, mission, values and pillars of Joni and Friends:
VISION: “To accelerate Christian ministry in the disability community.”
MISSION: “To communicate the Gospel and equip Christ-churches worldwide to evangelize and disciple people affected by disabilities.”
1. Honor God in everything we do.
2. Build relationships based on trust and respect.
3. Maintain integrity and excellence in programs and services.
4. Practice responsible stewardship.
FOUR PILLARS OF MINISTRY
1. Lead Like Jesus*
3. Excellence in area of expertise
4. Best Christian Workplace
* Lead Like Jesus is a course of study provided to all employees and is based on the book written by Ken Blanchard and Phil Hodges of the same name. The Lead Like Jesus course is the model which governs our ministry culture and contributes significantly to Joni and Friends maintaining its certification as a “Best Christian Workplace” according to surveys by the Best Christian Workplace Institute (BCWI).