Awana is a global, nonprofit ministry committed to the belief that the greatest impact for Christ starts with kids who know, love and serve Him. The transformative power of the gospel is shared every week through Awana ministries that reach more than three and a half million kids in more than 115 countries. Providing resources and expertise, Awana empowers more than 45,000 churches and mobilizes more than 450,000 leaders to reach kids through evangelism and long-term discipleship.
Providing project support and alignment for the various cross-functional efforts the VP of Global Brand is involved in, including but not limited to project timeline management, travel coordination, receipting, event coordination and talent management in order to ensure integrity and on-time, on-target delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assists with the planning and project development process ensuring that responsibilities are completed in order to meet the established parameters; including scope, schedules, and budgets.
2. Coordinates on-going project tracking by maintaining current information on job status, costs, and other pertinent information for all projects; whether for events, print, web, digital or media projects.
3. Coordinates responsibilities in order to meet deadlines and minimize delays.
4. Tracks all project elements including traffic, schedules, costs and capacity.
5. Assesses capacity, recommends timeframes and deadlines. Suggests alternative solutions for project completion such as realigning project priorities and/or possible outsource needs.
6. Manages freelancers: e.g. writers, designers, app developers, media, music, etc. Gathers sample work from freelancers, finalizes contracts, and submits payment requests.
7. Meets with VP of Global Brand on a regular basis to review current project status and plan future activity. Also interacts with various admins and department coordinators regarding potential project and schedule modifications; including non-scheduled and previously unknown additional work efforts which impact the on-time completion of ministry critical projects
8. Maintains proficiency in chosen project management software and tracks project costs, reviews expenditures, analyzes variances and assists the VP of Global Brand with selecting alternative production methods, if necessary.
9. Participates in departmental and division team meetings, team brainstorming, professional development sessions, annual individual goal-setting as time and availability allows.
10. Coordinates and confirms scheduling of the VP of Global Brand, especially with others on the Global Leadership and Executive Leadership teams.
11. Assists in travel coordination.
12. Performs special projects and other related duties as may be required from time to time.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics or related area preferred; 1-3 years of process/project management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of systems, procedures, quality management, process mapping, and strategic planning is highly desirable.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Ability to read, analyze reports. Ability to write reports, business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees, managers, or clients.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to make decisions within the scope of authority.
Other Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
A thorough knowledge of the Awana programs, products, and services is a plus. Must have excellent planning, coordinating, and management skills. Effective interpersonal skills are required. Ability to think strategically, analytically, and creatively, with good follow-through and implementation skills required. PC skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint are required. A working knowledge of InDesign is highly desirable.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Internal: Has frequent interaction with other staff member(s), and teams throughout the Awana ministry.
External: Occasional interaction with Awana churches, potential Awana churches, and Awana missionaries. Occasional interaction with outside vendors and service providers.
This job description reflects the current assignment of essential functions, and is not meant to be all-inclusive. Duties and responsibilities may be assigned or reassigned to this job at any time, and may be modified to reasonably accommodate an individual with a disability, or for other reasons.