Summary of Position:
Responsible to direct overall efforts for general ledger accounting and financial reporting for all CMC Group companies. With a strong understanding of accounting and financial concepts, establishes the financial analysis, budgeting, costing and forecasting methods and directs those who perform these functions. Develops, communicates and implements appropriate accounting policies and processes across all companies. Responsible for the coordination of the year-end audit process. Establishes a year-end audit schedule and coordinates the work of outside accountants and company accounting employees to successfully complete.
· Responsible to oversee preparation of all subsidiary and consolidated financial statements in accordance with GAAP on a timely basis. Responsible for the appropriate financial accounting of all general ledge transactions.
· Responsible for coordination and completion of annual external audit.
· Ensures standard financial reports and key statistical measures are prepared for all companies on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis with appropriate financial analysis and comments.
· Responsible for consistent accounting policies across all companies, working with other key accounting staff members and subsidiary management to accomplish. Establishes a consistent close process for all subsidiaries.
· Works closely with subsidiary Controllers and management to implement new corporate-wide accounting policies.
· Makes recommendations on process, system and cost improvements as necessary.
· Ensure compliance with established internal controls and helps to develop additional controls as needed.
· Gives input and provides information for strategic and other interim business planning purposes.
· Works with subsidiary companies to understand and review their cost accounting methods and practices. Ensure that cost accounting practices are producing accurate financial reporting.
· Develop the structure for the preparation of the Annual Budget so that budgets are able to be consolidated into a CMC Group Annual Budget.
· Coordinate the preparation and distribution of annual Budgets and Quarterly Forecasts.
· Review and challenge assumptions made in the development of the subsidiary annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
· Provide in-depth analysis to senior management of performance versus plan at a Consolidated level.
· Conducts monthly Business Review Meeting with Senior Management for consolidated financial performance.
· Oversees Controller function for affiliated companies such as Crazy Prices and Enhanced Living Solutions.
· Develop CMC Group cost allocations to Subsidiaries and monitor performance of CMC Group actual expense to budget.
· Review costing models and recommend systems to meet the individual Company’s costing needs.
· Responsible for tax planning for all companies to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local taxes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in written form.
Training and Experience:
· 4 year Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent; strong in GAAP.
· 5 + years ERP accounting system experience.
· Experience in a multi-company environment where inter-company transactions are normal day-to-day activities.