Accounting and Payroll Specialist
District Office | Clyde Hill, WA
Salary: $48,000 – $54,000 DOE
Working Hours: Full-Time; 1.0 FTE (12 months)
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Responsible for maintaining general ledger accounting entries, bank reconciliation and compliance reporting requirements. Will act as the primary processor of payroll for Bellevue Christian School. She/he will ensure all accounting guidelines and procedure are followed and a high level of confidentiality is exhibited.
- Receive all agency account funds (including once a year special events’ funds); record cash receipts, deposit in bank and credit proper accounts.
- Make payments and transfers as requested and charge proper General Ledger accounts.
- Prepare month end bank reconciliation journal entry and review with Director of Finance before posting.
- Periodically balance the petty cash in the Finance Office and ensure change is available for internal customers such as the Deli.
- Process NSF checks and coordinate recovery with department personnel.
- Calculate and prepare monthly sales tax report for proper accounts (Deli, Boosters, bookstore, etc.) and submit to the State of Washington.
- Prepare and post recurring as well as miscellaneous non-recurring month end journal entries to record various aspects of the school’s financial transactions including Advancement Income, A/R receipts, Bookstore and Deli activities, accruals, mortgage principal and interest payments, bank charges, Scrip activity, reclassification entries, inter-fund transfers etc.
- Assist the Director of Finance with year-end accounting activities and journal entries including accruals, fixed asset recording, depreciation, endowment investment, release of restricted gifts etc.
- Assist the Director of Finance in preparing for annual financial audit. Assist auditors by providing all documentation and explanations as needed.
- Manage credit card merchant accounts for Development and After School/Summer camps and process refunds when needed.
- Process requests for Certifications of Insurance.
- Responsible as primary processor of payroll for BCS, utilizing an outside payroll processing vendor.
- Continually evaluate the quality and value of the payroll processing vendor, periodically negotiating advantageous pricing.
- AA in accounting
- 3-5 years applicable accounting experience
- BA in accounting
- Payroll processing/experience
- Serve as secondary preparer of teaching contract worksheets for certificated personnel. Also update and maintain the salaried and hourly employee salary spreadsheets.
- Assist with processing and reviewing financial aid and scholarship applications.
- Maintain Employee accident information and forms and process L&I paperwork when received from the State of Washington.
- Maintain student Accident Forms and information and provide school insurance information when requested.
Benefits Package Includes: Medical, dental, and vision coverage options. Pension plan and employer 403b contributions. Company paid life insurance, LTD, STD, and optional life and long-term care insurance plans. Paid time off including personal, sick, vacation, and at least 14 paid holidays.
To apply for this position please complete the application process found on our website at: https://www.bellevuechristian.org/about/employment/application-process/#14884 92129547-bc67a39e-f3c1