Do you enjoy working with numbers? Are you good at financial processes? Are you organized and attentive to details?
The Aviation Department seeks a bookkeeper to process the financial aspects of parts inventory and sales. As part of the job you will also help locate, sign out, and track aircraft parts.
With your skills you can positively impact people for eternity by being a part of giving them God’s Word!
Accurately record and process sales, purchases, work orders, and inventory transactions.
- For a volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
- Accurately record and summarize financial transactions according to generally-accepted accounting principles
- Complete job journals
- Prepare sales invoices for parts sold
- Process monthly aviation gas charges
- Balance cash box
- Process and rectify the monthly bank statements
- Assist repair station personnel in locating and signing out parts from stockroom
- Perform other duties and functions assigned by the Aviation Parts Inventory Manager
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
- Accurac y and attention to detail
- Ability to investigate and scrutinize
Education and Experience
- Associates degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of financial practices
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications and financial software
- Knowledge of aviation preferred
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
Seek God Above All
Serve in Love
Act with Integrity
Steward God’s Resources with Courage
Collaborate with Respect
Create a Culture of Innovation