Do you enjoy managing numbers, accounts, and budgets? Do you have experience in managing insurance policies? How about summarizing financial records in reports? Do you desire to be part of the Great Commission but can’t live overseas? We have the position for you!
Be part of the team that provides resource assistance for aviation field programs and aviation here at JAARS. Your work will help provide the support needed to make Bible translation and language development possible through the delivery of people and supplies to the needed areas.
- For volunteers or staff who raise their support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
Manage and/or audit the financial budgets and insurance policies for JAARS Aviation.
- Prepare operating budget draft for submission to the entity
- Manage budget upon its approval
- Audit financial status of entity accounts
- Keep financial records and prepare annual financial report
- Coordinate and purchase insurance policies for aviation programs worldwide
- Supervise the overall functions of the administrative office staff
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to investigate and scrutinize
Education and Experience
- Associates degree or tertiary schooling
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of financial budgeting and reporting practices
- Familiarity with insurance policies
- Experience supervising people
- Aviation background or experience desired
- Experience or knowledge of financial software desired
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit
1. Seek God Above All
2. Serve in Love
3.Act with Integrity
4. Steward God’s Resources with Courage
5. Pursue Excellence
6. Collaborate with Respect
7. Create a Culture of Innovation