Do you enjoy working with numbers and have strong math skills? Have you ever been a cashier, payroll clerk, bank teller, or accounting clerk? Are you attentive to details?
Be a part of the team that facilitates the purchasing process for staff and centers worldwide so that they have the goods and services they need to support Bible translation and language development.
Your half-time position is key to the overall process, so please contact us today.
Verify invoices, resolve questions, and charge customers for goods and shipping.
- For half-time paid or volunteer or staff who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
- Receive and verify invoices, receipts, and other vendor financial documents
- Charge expenses to customers and cost centers for goods and cargo shipping insurance
- Communicate with vendors or customers via phone or email to resolve invoice discrepancies and questions
- Reconcile buyers’ credit cards at end of month by charging appropriate accounts
- File all purchasing paperwork into vendor folders
- Perform all transactions using accounting software
- Follow standard procedures for archiving and shredding documents
- Cross train with Accounts Payable Clerk
- Post payment to vendors for goods purchased
- Maintain computerized accounting ledgers by posting account transactions
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Six months of experience in performing basic clerical finance procedures preferred
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and credit card functions
- Strong math skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong data entry and computer skills
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation