Duties: The Development Officer will be responsible, under the direction of the Executive Director, for planning, overseeing and executing the financial development plan for the NAME Area Ministry Office. Specific duties include but are not limited to the following (other assignments and responsibilities may apply as directed):
- Cultivate Ministry Development Team, in collaboration with Executive Director, whose goal is to assist in increasing funding.
- Supervise designated staff/volunteers to ensure Donor Management database is updated, while providing monthly reports to Executive Director on the financial climate of the Area Ministry.
- Interface with Development Department for current Development policies and procedures.
- Working with the Executive Director, will be responsible for raising budgetary funds required by the ministry plan.
- In an integrated effort with Development, execute the donor development plan based on annual strategic income goals, budget and ministry plan.
- Research potential foundations and private grants to identify donors who can participate in the ministries' Planned Giving and Foundation financial options.
- Write grants up to $5K in collaboration with Development Department.
- Plan, facilitate and execute fundraising events.
- Pl ays strong role in maintaining relationships with Development and current donors while creatively cultivating new donors, as well as new donor acquisitions for advancement in ministry.
- Regular communication to the Executive Director, including weekly meetings and reports. Reports include:
- Weekly updates- donor development updates, decisions and planning.
- Quarterly Reports- statistics.
- Annual Development Plan.
- Must be able to travel at least 4 times a year to the International Disability Center.
As a ministry, Joni and Friends strives to exemplify Jesus Christ and bring Glory to God in all we say and do. To that end, employment at Joni and Friends is to be taken seriously as one who is not simply considering employment, but committing to the core mission of the organization to fulfill the biblical mandate of inclusion of those with disabilities into the full-life of the church. All employees of Joni and Friends participate in its ministry wide prayer life, leadership training and other general staff training that may take place from time to time.
Below outlines the vision, mission, values and pillars of Joni and Friends:
VISION: " To accelerate Christian ministry in the disability community."
MISSION: " To communicate the Gospel and equip Christ-churches worldwide to evangelize and disciple people affected by disabilities."
- Honor God in everything we do.
- Build relationships based on trust and respect.
- Maintain integrity and excellence in programs and services.
- Practice responsible stewardship.
As a Christ-centered ministry, all employees of Joni and Friends participate in its ministry wide prayer life, leadership training, and other general staff training that may take place from time to time.
FOUR PILLARS OF MINISTRY:
The Development Officer will fully embrace the Four Pillars of Joni and Friends:
- Lead Like Jesus*
- Excellence in area of expertise
- Best Christian Workplace
* Lead Like Jesus is a course of study provided to all employees and is based on the book written by Ken Blanchard and Phil Hodges of the same name. The Lead Like Jesus course is the model which governs our ministry culture and contributes significantly to Joni and Friends maintaining its certification as a "Best Christian Workplace" according to surveys by the Best Christian Workplace Institute (BCWI).