JAARS is experiencing and responding to tremendous growth opportunities locally and globally in support of Bible translation. We are blessed with a strong balance sheet and no debt, along with significant operational and strategic financial reserves.
As a result, we are committed to developing a financial architecture that will be implemented in a new enterprise resource planning system. You will provide critical support in handling funds and accounts with accuracy and integrity.
Could you be part of this dynamic team of finance professionals reporting to the Director of Accounting (DA)?
- For part-time volunteer or staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
Perform the procedures and processes necessary for the preparation of financial statements conforming to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Verify the checking account statement with check activity; research and resolve any gaps, ensuring that activity reconciles with spreadsheet
- Calculate, pay, record, and file JAARS total NC sales and use tax payments and refund claims, as authorized by DA or CFO, resulting in timely payments and recordings
- Track, analyze, resolve discrepancies, reconcile, and record travel expenses between traveler and cashier, resulting in timely payments and accurately recorded transactions
- Assist department heads in preparation of budget analysis and necessary entries in a collaborative, effective manner
- Cross-train and be able to share in the work of various department positions
- Assist data entry personnel with proof reading
- Maintain and keep up-to-date tasks, responsibilities, and processes of the Staff Accountant function
- Complete other tasks as assigned
- Three to five years of experience as an accountant
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace and demonstrate the Vision, Mission, and JAARS Core Values
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain collaborative partnerships with a keen focus on timely fulfillment of job accountabilities
- Highly organized and timely with excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience with a financial accounting system and creating financial reports
- Previous experience in a non-profit organization or willingness to learn the nonprofit sector is preferred
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation