Do you like variety and learning new tasks in your job? Do you have some accounting or financial background? Great! We are interested in talking with you!
The Aviation department needs someone who can learn the various responsibilities of assisting the Business Manager and train others in those processes, so that the position is always covered. You do not need to be knowledgeable about Aviation for this position.
Your work will impact Bible translation and language development especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth.
Assist or act on behalf of the Aviation Business Manager in training and managing the Aviation financial processes within the Administration, Training, and Operations divisions.
- For part-time volunteer or staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
- Oversee Aviation financial activities
- Perform financial activities of Manager temporarily during illness, vacation or retirement
- Capable of training newly hired staff to an open position
- Knowledgeable concerning the responsibilities of the Aviation Business Manager, including:
- Handling Aviation Insurance payments, invoices, requests, and changes to broker.
- Budget coordination and management
- Engine reserves
- JAARS Mutual Assistant Program (JMAP)
- Travel reports
- Cash reimbursements
- Month end reports
- Management of authorized signatories
- Position is 20 hours per week
- Servant heart for assisting and encouraging fellow team members
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Capable of learning accounting software
- Microsoft Office Suite experience preferred and valuable
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation