Concord Church Position Description
Job Title: Financial Administrator
Reports to: Finance Manager
Updated: December 4, 2015
This position processes financial recordkeeping transactions to ensure that all accounts payable, fixed asset tags, and other accounting processes are accurate and timely.
The Financial Administrator exhibits the seven Core Values of Concord Church:
- Dedication to Personal Growth – Is intentional about personal development as a man/woman, believer, and a staff member. Ephesians 5:15-21
- Dedication to H.I.T. (Honesty, Integrity and Truthfulness) – Able to confront self and others by being truthful with a spirit of love. Ephesians 4:14-32
- Effective Communication – Communicates using the THINK methodology (is True, Helpful, Inspiring, Necessary and Kind). Psalm 15
- Servant’s Heart – Will possess compassion for others and a kind spirit. Philippians 2:3-16
- Team Spirit – Supports the team by having a strong work ethic, being responsive to deadlines, exhibiting professionalism at all times, actively works to resolve any conflicts that arise, and is flexible whenever necessary. Galatians 6:1-7
- Loyalty – Committed to God’s will, the Executive Pastor’s vision, the church’s mission and vision, follows leadership, and supports the entire team. 1 Peter 2:13-25
- Work hard, Play hard – Carries out job responsibilities with passion and completes the necessary tasks to accomplish the church’s mission and vision. Proverbs 17:22
- Ensures Accounts Payable requests are authorized; processed payments and provides timely responses to vendor payment inquiries.
- Reviews expense reports for accuracy and compliance with policies; processes reimbursements.
- Follows up on accounts receivables/refunds due and processes payments.
- Prepares bank deposits and makes deposits as necessary; reconciles bank accounts by comparing statements to ledger books, checking account balances, and researching bank account reconciliation issues.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly reports for management by updating spreadsheets/reports.
- Supports the church’s fixed assets inventory by providing staff with tags for fixed assets and participating in year-end inventory.
- Assists with “credit card” program in partnership with the appropriate credit card vendor.
- Assists with tax return documents and filings.
- Processes all debit cards for contributions.
- Reviews credit card reconcilement statements for receipts.
- Mails year-end contribution statements.
- Supports membership requests for any contribution questions.
- Prints 1099s at year-end and reviews W-9s for IRS compliance.
- Files financial paperwork.
- Processes Dallas County reimbursements.
- Processes sales tax payments.
- Enters all fixed assets into accounting software and runs monthly depreciation.
- Sorts mail.
- Attends and successfully completes all training as required by Concord Church.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This is an individual contributor role with no supervisory responsibility.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of a high school diploma or GED. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required. A minimum of 2+ years of accounting experience is required. Must be able to manage secure, confidential information. Intermediate MS Excel and Access skills are required.
An employee in this position primarily works in a typical office environment, is generally sedentary, and uses computers, calculators, phones, printers, and other office equipment to draft documents, communicate with church staff, and fulfill other position duties. An employee in this position is required to walk, hear, speak, and stand to interact with members and volunteers. Work is conducted in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. The ability to manage stress, build professional and collaborative relationships, and reason through both complex church business situations is required. A flexible schedule is required since this position requires evening and weekend work. This position may be expected to work overtime.
No travel is required for this position.
Concord Church Membership
This position is not required to be a member of Concord Church. Employees in this position are expected to sincerely hold the same religious beliefs as expressed by Concord Church.